Banana Peach Splits with Maple Strawberry Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen vanilla yogurt
- 2 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
Maple Strawberry Sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
How to Prepare:
Maple Strawberry Sauce: In a saucepan, combine 2 cups (500 mL) of the strawberries with maple syrup; bring to a simmer. Mash slightly with potato masher.
Whisk cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of water. Stir into strawberry mixture; cook, stirring for about 1 minute or until thickened. Let cool slightly and stir in remaining strawberries.
Cut bananas in half lengthwise and place 2 halves in each of 4 shallow dessert bowls. Divide yogurt among bananas and sprinkle with peach slices. Spoon Maple Strawberry sauce over top and garnish with mint, if using.
Older Kids’ Tasks: slice peaches and strawberries and cook the sauce
Younger Kids’ Tasks: cut the bananas, scoop the ice cream and create the splits