Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
The combination of Asian flavours in this one bowl meal will quickly become a favourite that can be enjoyed relaxing at home with the family.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 small pork tenderloin (about 12 oz/340 g), thinly sliced into strips
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (227 g) sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) rice vinegar
- 4 oz (125 g) spaghetti pasta, cooked (1/4 of a pkg)
- 2 cups (500 mL) hot vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
How to Prepare:
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and saute pork with salt and pepper for 3 minutes or until browned; remove to a plate.
Return skillet to heat and add mushrooms, onions, garlic, ginger and hot pepper flakes, if using. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until softened. Return pork to skillet. Stir in carrot, red pepper, soy sauce and vinegar.
Divide spaghetti among 4 bowls and top with pork mixture. Pour hot broth over top and sprinkle with cilantro, if using.
Tip: Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, drain well and drizzle with a touch of canola oil. Place in resealable bag and refrigerate until ready to use or for up to 2 days.
Older Kids’ Tasks: slice onions, red pepper and mince garlic and ginger cooking at the stove
Younger Kids’ Tasks: measure out ingredients and grate carrot dividing spaghetti among the bowls